Kent Falls Brewing Company
Kent Falls Brewing Company (KFBC) is looking for a talented, personable, and reliable driver to join our brewery’s distribution team. KFBC is a working-farm brewery located near Kent, in the northwest corner of Connecticut, and self-distributes beer throughout the state.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced driver, ideally with a larger vehicle such as a Ford Transit, and have a clean driving record. They will be spending between 15 and 20 hours on the road in a given week, depending on the delivery schedule, and may spend time in the brewery assisting the production staff in canning, bottling, or cleaning. The job includes lifting and moving cases of beer and kegs, some of which can exceed 100 lbs.
The ideal candidate will:
- Reliably arrive at work on time
- Be attentive to details
- Have a strong work ethic
- Display a personable attitude
- Show a desire to learn
In general, a driving day runs from 8:00 AM until around 5:00 PM. KFBC aims to have the van loaded and drivers on the road before 8:45 AM to avoid traffic and longer days than necessary. Our drivers will generally be working a flexible schedule of two or three days per week (not necessarily consecutive) depending on order volume.
- Safe, prompt, and accurate delivery of kegged and packaged beer to customers
- Detailed record keeping for invoices, empty kegs, breakage, and other events
- Clear written and verbal communication with customers and the Distribution Manager
- Collection and safekeeping of payment from customers while on the road
- Representing KFBC at accounts and in public
Candidates should be excited about beer and the world of brewing. This is a unique opportunity to work with a maturing business in a fun work environment with opportunity for growth. If you have a passion for beer and agriculture, working with the best restaurants and package stores in the state, this is the perfect opportunity!
- This position is paid hourly, with adjustments based on longevity and/or experience.
- All employees can participate in the KFBC 401k, with company matching up to 3% of annual salary.
- Employees are given a product allowance for beer and agricultural products quarterly.
- Candidates who work to full time will be eligible for company-provided healthcare.
Please submit resume with optional cover letter. Due to the volume of resumes, we can not respond to all applicants. Candidate can start ASAP, a decision will be made no later than August 16th.
Kent Falls Brewing Company is committed to hiring a diverse workforce and supporting diversity in the beer community at large. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $14.00 – $16.00 per hour
Additional hours available in brewery assisting packaging, labeling, and other production related tasks.
All employees are requires to wear a mask if they are not vaccinated, and customer interaction is minimized as much as possible. Paid sick time provided for quarantine if necessary. COVID precautions are subject to change.