Sales Person for Kent Falls Brewing Company and Neversink Spirits
Kent Falls Brewing Company (KFBC) and Neversink Spirits (NSS) are seeking a hardworking, reliable, and motivated applicant for a full-time position as a Sales Person and Brand Education Specialist, based in Western Connecticut; servicing CT & NY.
KFBC and NSS are craft beverage producers in Kent, CT and Port Chester, NY respectively focus on creating high-quality beer and spirits from local ingredients, including: IPAs, Lagers, Farmhouse Ales, Spontaneously Fermented and Oak Aged Beer, Gin, Apple Brandy, Bourbon, and other products. KFBC and NSS together are members of The Food Cycle, a sustainable, interlocking food business that features a brewery, distillery, and farm.
The Brand Sales Representative is responsible for:
- Selling Kent Falls products in assigned markets, with a focus on IPA’s and Lagers;
- Selling Neversink products in assigned markets, with a focus on Neversink Gin;
- Managing existing customer relationships and developing new ones;
- Representing the Kent Falls and Neversink brands.
- Maintain personal relationships with important, on and off-premise accounts, nurture relationships with key decision makers, and find opportunities to run programs and events together.
- Develop new leads through personal connections, distributor network, social media or other means, and convert those leads into new accounts.
- (Non Covid Times – Now virtual when appropriate) Conduct in store tastings/promotions, seminars, staff-trainings, and other events to build exposure of the KFBC and NSS brands and product lines.
- Secure on-premise menu placements, features, events, and staff-trainings.
- Use social media platforms to promote activities, highlight partner accounts, and encourage interaction with the general public, KFBC and NSS.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the brand, and be able to consistently represent Kent Falls and Neversink at an expert level.
- Communicate account orders directly to appropriate channels in real time, ensure the sales cycle is complete, and follow up as necessary on delivery, placement, and sell through
- Critically, operate via all legal guidelines and operational restrictions imposed by the CT ABC and NY SLA, the TTB, and any other relevant regulator entities at all times.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- (Non Covid Times – Now virtual when appropriate) Able to work irregular, though flexible, hours including nights and weekends.
- Happy to travel within their territory on a consistent basis
- Comfortable with on and off-premise sales.
- Capable of speaking articulately about beer and spirits and placing each brand’s products in context.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Demonstrates a reliable work ethic, capable of performing at a high level without continuous oversight.
- Creative, independent thinking, but knows when to engage with the management team for feedback and direction.
- Willing to share own ideas with the team.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Embraces and entrepreneurial approach to selling and obtaining objectives.
- Has previous sales experience selling alcoholic beverages, preferably business to business.
- Understands the impact of social media on today’s consumer and is able to use those platforms to their advantage.
- Has a significant personal network of restaurant,bar and retail beverage professionals in their territory.
- Takes pride in themselves and what they do, working with integrity at all times.
40-50K annual salary commensurate with experience plus a bonus plan tied to sales goals.
Benefit package including health insurance, 401k, and 401k matching.
Monthly T+E Budget will be provided
Kent Falls Brewing Is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] to apply. We look forward to hearing from you!