Kent Falls Brewing Company is a small, working farm brewery – and as such, we believe in giving back by supporting charitable causes and events in the community.
If you are seeking a donation, we ask that you complete the form below for us to consider making a contribution. Although we would love to support everyone who asks, we sometimes must respectfully decline. We also do not donate to any functions specifically directed to persons under the age of 21 – such as a high school cheerleading squad or chess club. A parent organization supporting a school would not fall in this category.
Kent Falls Brewing Company Donation Policy
Please adhere to the following requirements regarding our donation policy:
- We primarily support organizations in Litchfield County and surrounding areas.
- We will only donate to charities and not-for-profit organizations with appropriate credentials, not to individuals, groups, or businesses.
- We ask that you make your request at least 30 days prior to the event.
- If you are planning on serving our beer, Connecticut state law requires that the organization obtain a Temporary Liquor Permit (link here).
- We cannot legally donate to a for-profit company which might be supporting your not-for-profit event, so you cannot use their liquor license to qualify for your donation.
What to do Once your donation is approved
- Please plan on picking up your donation at our tasting room during normal business hours. If you cannot come during normal business hours, we will work with you to make alternate arrangements.
- Persons picking up beer must be prepared to show ID confirming they are 21+ and are associated with the organization receiving the donation.
- You must provide a copy of your liquor permit prior to beer being released to your organization.
- You must provide a copy of your IRS 501(c)3 determination letter (or other proof of charitable status) prior to beer being released to your organization.
- We require a donation letter on organization letterhead *emailed or mailed* within 15 days of the event, documenting the fair market value of the donation. Your organization will be invoiced as a gentle reminder if we do not receive this in a timely fashion.
If you have any questions about serving or selling beer as part of your event, please contact the Connecticut Department of Consumer Protection, Liquor Control Division, at (860) 713-6200, or the appropriate local official for your town and state.